When was the last time you used hydrogen peroxide? More than likely, you put it on a cut or scrape and felt a lot better, knowing that it was cleaning the area and getting rid of any infection before it had the opportunity to set in. Most of us grew up with hydrogen peroxide but we may not have used it on a daily basis, but we always had some in the house. If you look today, you probably have hydrogen peroxide available as well. Take a look in your medicine cabinet or perhaps under your bathroom sink.
Hydrogen peroxide is nothing new. As a matter of fact, it has been on the market since the 1800s and used for a wide variety of purposes throughout the ages. The one important thing to keep in mind when using hydrogen peroxide is that digesting it can make you sick. It works wonders on the outside of the body but if you swallow it, it could irritate your gastrointestinal tract. You might just end up with nausea, vomiting or even foaming at the mouth. When used properly, it is perfectly safe.
Although it certainly is true that hydrogen peroxide can disinfect cuts and scrapes, it also has a wide variety of other uses as well. You can use it as a whitener, a purifier or a sanitizer. You will also find many other everyday uses, and once you learn the following 30 things you can do with hydrogen peroxide, you may never be without it again.
1. Skunk odor – a combination of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda with a little liquid dish soap will help to remove skunk smell.
2. Clean algae from your aquarium.
3. Say goodbye to dust mites.
4. Germinate seeds – soak the seeds in hydrogen peroxide to remove any fungal spores.
5. Clean humidifiers.
6. Remove stains from shower curtains – ideal when you can’t throw the shower curtain in the washing machine.
7. Disinfect toys.
8. It’s great for cleaning the refrigerator.
9. Soak fruits and vegetables in hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes and then rinse with clean water.
10. Remove mold.
11. Keep your mirrors squeaky clean.
12. Use as a bleach for your hair.
13. Keep your contact lenses clean.
14. Remove food from pots and pans.
15. Gargle with hydrogen peroxide once a week for bad breath.
16. Clean blood stains from clothing.
17. Keep your whites white.
18. Clean and disinfect your cutting boards.
19. Clean and disinfect rags and sponges.
20. Keep your countertops clean and sanitized.
21. Keep your toilet clean and disinfected.
22. Spray peroxide on, wait a few minutes and wash the dirt away.
23. Treat a problem with foot fungus.
24. Remove earwax and treat ear infections.
25. Soften calluses and corns.
26. Hydrogen peroxide is a great acne treatment.
27. Keep your nails white.
28. Disinfect your toothbrush.
29. Apply to cuts and scrapes to sanitize and clean them.
30. Put some in your dishwasher to keep your dishes clean.